Generating a map of tables and relationships (1 Viewer)

Paul Chernoff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
I have inherited a database. It is important for me to create a map of the tables and the relationship between tables. I suspect I might not be able to easily do this due to how the original developer created the database. I am now in Access 365 but the developer last worked in Access 2003.

When I try to bring up a picture of all of the tables I don't see any table relationships drawn. But I know some are built into the database since when I open up some tables in designer mode I am alerted that I can't modify some fields because they are related to other tables. And I can open some objects in designer view and see how a handful of tables are related. Is there an easy way to bring up a view showing all relationships? And would this be dependent on how the programmer originally set up the relationships?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:08
the relationships 'form' works with tables in the current db. If your tables are in a back end (they should be) you need to open that to see the relationships created

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:08
Total Access Analyzer by FMSINC.com is the best tool around to document a database created by someone else. There is a huge number of reports and diagram so you can see how objects are related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom