finding a particular date on a row (1 Viewer)

megatronixs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:44
Hi all,

I got an excel file where the employees are and the days they are in the office. this excel file has all the dates in the columns starting from the Monday date and then next column on the same row has the next day.
as example: C2 has 03/09/2019 and D2 has 04/09/2018
There will be only the working days available. This excel file has all days for 2 months.
I would need to find the employee with his employee ID and then for a specific date.
If I would like to look for John that has employee id 123 and if he will be available on the 07/09/2018:

John | 123 | 03/09/2019 | 04/09/2019 | 05/09/2018 | 06/09/2018 | 07/09/2018 |
(on the next rows would be visible if he is at work that day)

how would I be able to find a record like that in a horizontal check on the columns?

Greetings,
Juan

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:44
is this an excel question or an access question? Access does not do horizontal calculations of this nature except perhaps with an extremely long and complex query - in access your column headings would be field names - and since the name is actually data, that makes it doubly hard as it is an illegal field name.

I don't really understand the example you have provided - you've provided the date column headings, but what is in the row below (i.e. the actual data)? the date? a X, a colour format? Suggest show several rows covering a few employees. Either way, in Access you will almost certainly need to normalise the data before writing your query

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom