Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 09-15-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
supersonic
Newly Registered User

supersonic is on a distinguished road
Question Custom Ribbons - Show/Hide groups

Hi all

I have created a custom Ribbon and I understand that it is only possible to load one Ribbon at a time in Access; if I need to open a different Ribbon, Access needs to be restarted even if I use VBA.

I have to create an employee database and different people will have access to it and Access shall display groups based on the login provided. The Ribbon has the following three groups to start with:

grpHome
grpAdmin
grpEmployee

There is already a post about this topic at access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=246015 . However, I don't know where in the example provided by Ari I set the name of groups.

Is it possible to show/hide the groups with VBA by providing the name of the group?

Thank you for your assistance

SuperSonic
Attached Files
File Type: accdb Employees.accdb (448.0 KB, 7 views)

supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
ridders
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,408 Posts
ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice ridders is just really nice
Re: Custom Ribbons - Show/Hide groups

You have used the IDBE Ribbon Creator software to create your ribbon. On the IDBE website there are a large number of tutorials which may include an answer to your question

I recommend you rename your ribbon which you have named Home. There is a built in Access ribbon with that name.

New example databases:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nil illegitimi carborundum est
ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
June7
Newly Registered User

June7 will become famous soon enough

It is possible to dynamically change ribbon without closing db. That's what the RibbonName property of form and report is for.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
arnelgp

Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,996 Posts
arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice

i put 2 global var in basGlobal.
see the code in getVisible sub that uses these var.
when the rivbon is loaded i open the ligin form.
in actual yoi will use textbox for input in login and not combo.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Employees.zip (61.9 KB, 3 views)

Tags
customized ribbon , ribbon , ribbons , vba access 2016

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: