Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
kyle1234567
Newly Registered User

kyle1234567 is on a distinguished road
Button Action in Form - Record Creation Automation

Hello, everyone:

First of all, thanks to everyone for your knowledge, experience, and willingness to help an Access novice like me!

I have a form that will be used to record incoming correspondence in a small legal office. We might get one letter from a client, or we might get 500. Across the top of the form will be three buttons:

-Add New
-Edit
-Delete

When the "Add New" button is pressed, I would like the form to automatically create three fields:

-Correspondence Name (e.g., "letter regarding settlement details")
-Correspondence Date
-Correspondence Notes (memo field for notetaking reasons)

The "row" on the form should be selectable so entries can be deleted, as necessary.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the "Add New" button should create cascading records. The data is being stored in a SQL backend. When the button is pushed for the first time, it should create fields with a "_1" appended to them; likewise for each subsequent creation.

Does this make sense? Perhaps a form like this already exists somewhere. I would appreciate your guidance on this design process.

kyle1234567 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automate , button , buttons vba , create new field

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: