Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Punice
Newly Registered User

Punice is on a distinguished road
Memo retention problem on a form in Access 2007

I have a memo that I want a user to be able to 'show/hide', when a user opens it again to enter a new record's data or to view the memo for all older forms containing data.
I can show & hide the memo using a control on the form to toggle the 'visibe' property with vba.

Not knowing any better, I listed the memo in the same table as the form's record source. The execution of that control shows & hides the memo per the code for the form where, I guess I created it. When I open a new form or view any previously filled form all I get when I operate the control to show the memo is a blank field.

I am not clear on what I need to do or where to store the memo. And, the size of the memo is over 255 characters.

Spent several weeks trying, as well as, looking for guidance on the 'Net, before coming back to this forum for help (again), but all I could find are discussions pertaining to data type and nothing to really help me solve my problem.

Punice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank , form , memo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: