Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 09-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
aattas
Newly Registered User

aattas is on a distinguished road
Font change after click

Experts,
need help

I have a report that has long list of items.one of the field is a link to the main form.
the request from my user if the color of the font could change after i click the selected item, This is similar to Google when you have chosen something the font color change as indication it has been clicked and seen,
Do access can do this?

aattas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,053 Times in 1,034 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Font change after click

Hi. Is it a hyperlink field? If not, try using a hyperlink field.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,076 Times in 4,011 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

You mean even when you click elsewhere? It would require you to save the fact that the record has been seen somehow. Easiest would be a field in the same table, but that wouldn't work in a multiuser environment (unless one person "seeing" it should affect everyone).

pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,843 Times in 2,593 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

You can just add code like this

Code:
Private Sub ControlName_Click()
Me.ControlName.ForeColor = vbMagenta
End Sub
replacing ControlName with the actual name of your control.

Note that this will only work if the report is opened in report view...not print preview

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
aattas
Newly Registered User

aattas is on a distinguished road

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the suggestions, but i tried a field but it would not change the color.

I saw some using VBA to change color, but i dont understand how to do it.
aattas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,053 Times in 1,034 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aattas View Post
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the suggestions, but i tried a field but it would not change the color.

I saw some using VBA to change color, but i dont understand how to do it.
Hi. Did you try using a Hyperlink field? I tried it and it changed color after I clicked it. See below:

The above was before clicking the link field, and then after clicking the field, it looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: png BeforeClick.PNG (5.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: png AfterClick.PNG (5.4 KB, 30 views)

|
|

Last edited by theDBguy; 09-11-2019 at 12:29 PM.
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
Mark_
Longboard on the internet

Location: Not the middle of no where, but I can see the road to it from my house.
Mark_ will become famous soon enough Mark_ will become famous soon enough

Are you using a report procedure to try to open an form in the same database? I just want to be very clear on what type of objects you are using. Normally you would not have a report open a form.

Mark_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #8
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,843 Times in 2,593 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

OK here's a very basic example to explain what I meant
The app opens with the 'main form' Form1. This has a button to open Form2 which has a button to open the report.
Click the text on the report. It changes colour and reopens Form1

Hopefully this is what you wanted...
Attached Files
File Type: accdb ColourChangeExample.accdb (388.0 KB, 1 views)

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: