1st post on the forum, I have recently started volunteering to assist on the technical side with a local after school club which is a not for profit organisation with 4 staff members looking after a total of 30 children over the course of the week before and after school for a few hours either side.
At present, everything is done manually on paper from the daily registers, parent pickup sign out sheets, invoices and account management to track payments. As you can imagine this is a massive overhead in time to complete so the club could benefit with some automation in place to provide a more efficient process.
Therefore im looking to develop some form database / toolset to simplify process.
At present, i see the requirements are as follows....
- Child and parent database for contact details including email.
- Export data to form daily register of children due to attend.(names from a picklist pulled from the contact details)
- Parent collection signature /sign out form digital or paper to record collection of child and time for audit purposes.
- Invoice / report creation based on the data taken from the register for those attended to be compiled on a monthly basis.
- Account summary per child/family detailing sessions attended and current balance based on payments/invoiced amount.
My initial thoughts where to compile some form of Access DB to host this type of request rather than going to a 3rd party company due to the lack of funding available, however in order to start this im really not sure where to start.
Is anyone aware of any open source templates which could be a foundation to work on and customise further to our requirements rather than creating from scratch / blank canvas or offer any advice that MS Access is the right tool for this type of requirement ?
Thank you in advance.