Drag and Drop in Schedule Form (1 Viewer)

craigachan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
I have a form that I use for my schedule that has 4 columns and enough rows for 8am to 5 pm in 10min increments. Each time slot = 1 textbox on the form. And appointment might take up many timeslots. Each textbox has a invisible associated textbox that holds appt and control data to control clicks to that textbox.

Right now when I click on an appointment, it opens a dialog box that shows the details of that appointment and the info that goes along with that appointment. I can then move that appointment on my schedule by reassigning that appointment to the new parameters (Time and column).

What I want to do is to be able to click on a textbox and use some kind of drag and drop function to move an appointment to another timeslot. Does anyone know of any sample or other posting that might help me out?

Thanks for any help.:banghead:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:40
This topic has been discussed in numerous threads. Have you searched? There is no true drag and drop for data. Code would create a new record and delete the old.

To get an idea of what might be involved, review https://vb123.com/drag-and-drop-in-access/

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. There are a few demos for drag and drop, but I'm not sure they do what you're asking. One demo allows you to drag say a file to a form or another allows you to reposition a control on a form. If I understand it correctly, you want to rearrange the time slots when you drag an appointment around, is that correct?

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:40

craigachan

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm going to test the ideas out. I've always lacked in using the mouse events, but I guess there is no better time than now. Wish me luck.

Thanks again.:)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:40
All the best! Hopefully something there can assist. Keep us in the loop with how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom