Odd Problem with Forms and Pass Through Query (1 Viewer)

BaldCol

Local time
Today, 16:17
Hi All

I have a database which access data in our accounts system by using a ‘pass through’ query and odbc. This all worked fine until we changed servers. This changed the odbc reference. Not a problem really, just changed the database to the new reference and all was fine… except for a few users. For them, when they go into forms that use the pass through query they get errors because the query does not seem to work. The really weird thing is that to fix this all I have to do is open the form in design view and open the form’s VBA code, immediately close it again, return to form view and all works! Incidentally, if I open the query itself it seems to work but the forms still don't work until I go through the procedure I've mentioned.

If the same users close the database and go back in then it’s back to square one.

There is no obvious difference in the setup of those who have the problem and those who don’t.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this. :banghead:.Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Colin

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 17:17
How if you save the form after you have had it in design view?

BaldCol

Local time
Today, 16:17
I've tried that. It doesn't help.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:17
It seems that some have a form open when there is a change to the underlying tables. Normally if you close the form and reopen it, the form now has latest change to recordsource/linked table etc.

Don't have anything else to offer.
Good luck. Let us know what it is when you solve it.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 17:17
If it helps I don't know, but I would try:

• Compact/Repair
  • Relink the database to the back end
  • Create a new query, (not copy it), but put the SQL-String into a new query.
  • Import all into a new database.
  • Make a change on the form so you are forced to save it, (move a control on the form one pixel forth and back again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom