Shortcut Key to Select Current Record (1 Viewer)

Endre

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:43
I cannot remember (or find) a simple thing like the shortcut key for selecting the current record I am editing.

I have a form (or sub-form, or table even) set as a continuous form. I want to delete a record. I select the "record selector" on the LHS by left clicking on the grey box. I press [Delete]. No problemo.

I do not want my users to see the "record selector" grey box on LHS of my continuous form. I switch off record selectors. Now I am in edit mode, editing data in a field of my record. I decide I want to delete that record by using the [Delete] button. What is the shortcut key for selecting the record so that I can then press [Delete] do this, given that there is no "grey box record selector" to click on?

Same could apply in direct table view. No clicking on grey record selector box allowed.

I know it exists as I've used it before I started losing brain cells, but tried all the shortcuts I can think of. Even [F1] help implies it contains this snippet. But I can't find it. What am I missing?

Thanks.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 23:43
You could use a small bit of VBA to gt this sorted. On click of the button, you can use
Code:
Private Sub buttonName_Click()
    CurrentDB.Execute "DELETE * FROM yourTableName WHERE yourUniqueIDFieldName = " & Me.theControlNameOfTheUniqueIDOnTheForm
    Me.Requery
    Me.Refresh
End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom