Search multiple colmns (1 Viewer)

Mhelp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:07
I have 2 Table that I will like to search in. I want to be able to search on a date and get the “ID” and the name of the column the date was found. Is that possible? I am thinking some kind of a Search-box, that will give a table/report.

The names of the tables are “2_PT_datoer” and “2_PT_CG_datoer”

In the first I want to search in the columns: “2U_PT-O_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, “2U_PT-O_rykker_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, ““4U_PT-O_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, “4U_PT-O_rykker_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, “8U_PT-O_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, “8U_PT-O_rykker_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, “6M_PT-O_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”, “6M_PT-O_rykker_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)”.

In “2_PT_CG_datoer” I want to search in the columns: “Tjek_at_blodprøve_er_taget_1(udfyldes_automatisk)”, ”2U_CG-O_sendes(udfyldes_automatisk)” etc.

NB: I need an explanation for dummies as I am new to Access/Sql/codes in general

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 17:07
First I'd suggest that you review your naming - stick to letters and underscores only. Suggested usage is here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=225837

Keep your names short and explicit - no one reads long headings. Further your names will cause you PITA throughtout the life of the DB, because they are so long and because they require use of square brackets. If you insist, you can show longer names to the users in data sheets using the Caption Property

Then, searching for similar information in different tables or columns is often indication of normalization errors. If you do not know what that is, google database normalization and assimilate it. Take a screenshot of your relations window and attach it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom