Access Report to PDF loses unique URLs (1 Viewer)

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:57

Attachments

• Stats Report.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 135

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi

No its still not all there :banghead:

You obviously aren't checking items properly before you post it.
If you had run the query or the report, you would see why I'm saying that
Try the attached copy yourself & you'll see what I mean!

The queryWeeklyPlanningList used as the report record source refers to a function that you haven't included
- OfficerNameV7([offcode])

The report is looking for an .mde file somewhere on your network

I've moved the hyperlink code to the correct item Label57_Click.The report is trying to sort by 3 fields but all of them are 'missing so it shows 'expression'

I've deleted the 2nd report as its even worse

Next I looked at your tables....
2 of your 4 tables don't have a primary key field
The table Uniform_DCAPPL does have a PK but also has something like 220 fields which is ridiculous and close to the max allowed in Access.

I'm not sure whether you designed this db or inherited it but the structure of your tables needs completely revising. I realise this is only part of your db so imagine other parts will have similar issues.

I urge you to spend time studying Steve Bishop's videos before doing anything else to this database

In the meantime,I would also strongly advise that your department devotes the funding needed to get this database properly sorted out by an expert or group of experts

If its currently being used for planning application work by your council, then I would be worried about the consequences as it stands

I'm sorry but, unless you upload something I can use, I'm not going to spend any more time on this.

Attachments

• Stats Report - 3Aug2017.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 93

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

No its still not all there :banghead:

You obviously aren't checking items properly before you post it.
If you had run the query or the report, you would see why I'm saying that
Try the attached copy yourself & you'll see what I mean!

The queryWeeklyPlanningList used as the report record source refers to a function that you haven't included
- OfficerNameV7([offcode])

The report is looking for an .mde file somewhere on your network

I've moved the hyperlink code to the correct item Label57_Click.The report is trying to sort by 3 fields but all of them are 'missing so it shows 'expression'

I've deleted the 2nd report as its even worse

Next I looked at your tables....
2 of your 4 tables don't have a primary key field
The table Uniform_DCAPPL does have a PK but also has something like 220 fields which is ridiculous and close to the max allowed in Access.

I'm not sure whether you designed this db or inherited it but the structure of your tables needs completely revising. I realise this is only part of your db so imagine other parts will have similar issues.

I urge you to spend time studying Steve Bishop's videos before doing anything else to this database

In the meantime,I would also strongly advise that your department devotes the funding needed to get this database properly sorted out by an expert or group of experts

If its currently being used for planning application work by your council, then I would be worried about the consequences as it stands

I'm sorry but, unless you upload something I can use, I'm not going to spend any more time on this.

Thank you ridders, your help has been really appreciated. From the start I made it clear that I was by no means an expert, I have taught myself as you all know. I cannot thank you and everyone else, especially you with this matter. I know it was never going to be easy, so THANKS A MILLION TIMES.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom