Navigate through the same pop up window (1 Viewer)

19eNVy86

Local time
Today, 20:24
I have created a main menu with buttons which direct the front end user to various different sections.

Eventually, I don't want them to be able to see the Objects panel and just be greeted with the main menu so that they are able to plug info into the provided forms.

I made the main menu into a Pop Up but when selecting a button to take you to another form, it opens up a separate window. Is there a way of keeping all navigation in the same window? I have back buttons to the main menu and would like to avoid having multiple Pop Up's open.

Viewing Reports I made based on the info in the background tables is fine (those have buttons to export to Excel and to go back to the main menu) but is it good practice to have the Reports open up a different window? Or would it be best to keep everything in one Pop Up?

Thanks in advance.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:24
only by using subforms - create a subform control on your main menu form, leave the sourceobject blank, then rather than using 'docmd.openform….nameofform', use subformname.sourceobject=nameofform

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom