Problem Between Access 2003 & Access 2007 Displaying Forms Correctly, Office 2007 (1 Viewer)

kfschaefer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:10
I am in the process of validating my Access 2003 database and the functionality working in the new Access 2007 environment w/o converting to 2007 - will have mixed environments for awhile.

The forms within the AK3 version work perfectly, however not in Ak7. When I open the form with the multiple subforms in AK3 if functions correctly, but for some reason when the same form/subforms open in AK7 the subform (datasheet view) will only display 1 record when it should be multiple records. When I view this subform outside of the Main form/Subform it displays the data correctly. The Query returns the correct records etc.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Karen

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:10
Re: Problem Between Access 2003 & Access 2007 Displaying Forms Correctly, Office 2007

I don't know of any quick way to fix this.
I suggest that you make a copy of the form and the subforms for testing.
Try testing with only one subform at a time in the main form - see if you can get it working correctly with just one subform.
You may need to create a new form for testing - remove all code on that form that is not needed to get the subform to display correctly.
When the subform is displaying correctly - maybe you need to remove all code from the subform while you are testing - see if it still works after you add the code back in.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:10
Re: Problem Between Access 2003 & Access 2007 Displaying Forms Correctly, Office 2007

I saw a post by Allen Browne the other day about a similar problem. I don't run Access 2007/2010, and so can't check this, but apparently there is a new Property for Forms named Filter On Load. Check it for the errant Subform and if set to Yes change it to No.

If set to Yes it automatically applies a previously saved filter the next time the Form opens, giving unexpected results at times.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom