ODBC connection not working after reimage (1 Viewer)

JohnnyB

Local time
Today, 08:01
I have some users who just got reimaged. Their linked Access databases stopped working and they were got error messages when they tried to use tables connected to a SQL Server database through ODBC. I saw that the ODBC DSN's were gone so I tried to re-establish them. I used odbcad32.exe from the command prompt, got a successful test and OK'd out of the wizard. The new connections weren't in the list under system DSN tab.
I'm not sure if this is a possible clue, but I checked the driver versions in the SQL Server ODBC Data Source Test results screen and they were different. Mine is version 03.85.1132 and my users is 03.85.1117. I'm not sure if that is significant, but thought it might be. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

JohnnyB

Local time
Today, 08:01
I fixed it by doing a User DSN instead of System DSN. I'm not sure why that worked, but it did.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:01
If everyone has access to a specific folder on the network, you can also use a FILE DSN instead which then means you never have to set up a DSN on a user's computer.

v3rse

Local time
Today, 09:01
Usualy if that happen with System DSN it's because you dont have admin rights on the workstation. Placing this in user DSN will make that if another user go on that ws he will not be able to use the ODBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom