Web Browser object freezes application (1 Viewer)

bayman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:32
I've got an Access app with a form containing a Web Browser object. In VBA, I I use the object to navigate to a particular B2B website, programmatically enter login credentials and execute the login 'Click' event. Afterward, I scrape the web page for data.

This has worked fine for months. However, suddenly, the app freezes after submitting the login credentials. CPU runs high, but the app is frozen. I don't even get the 'Not responding' message in the title bar, nor in Task Manager.

I've tried almost everything to troubleshoot, with no results. I confirmed it's not the actual code causing the problem, as I created a new db from scratch, added a form with the WB control and navigate to the website, pre-login. Manually, in the WB control, I enter the login credentials and get the same result.

Navigating to and logging into other websites is not a problem. Just the one website.

I've now tried this on various workstations and various versions of Access, without any luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
Is it possible that this one website has changed their signin/login page or some other parameter?
Have you confirmed with the website that nothing has been changed at their end?

bayman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:32
The credentials work. The browser navigates to the next page, which is where the freeze occurs. I'm attempting to get in touch with the vendor's tech support.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:32
I think that's the best move.
Good luck.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:32
The Web browser doesn't act like the latest version of IE, e.g. IE Version 11, so maybe the Web site is using some Javascript that breaks in the Web Browser control. If you can go through the steps in your IE browser ok you could try this fix that makes the Web browser act like the current IE version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom