The instruction at -- referenced memory at --. The memory could not be read." (1 Viewer)

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:15
In my MDB I am getting (not 100% of the time but) way too often

The instruction at "0x7c90100b" referenced memory at "0x00000014" The memory could not be read"
It closes access - which does not close properly.

Generally the form that I was on is also made corrupt and will not open in design mode. A decompile will however fix that.

I know that without further information nobody can tell me why - but my first question is;

Is this due to my coding or is this only something to do with XP and MS Access?

Thanks in advance to anyone that has seen this before.

jsv2002

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:15
Re: The instruction at -- referenced memory at --. The memory could not be read."

I don't think this is an access problem more likely a hardware fault, 0x00000014 is a memory address, the other number I think is a CPU instruction reference number. I would run a memtest and swap out your ram as a fault finding exercise.

Try http://www.memtest.org/ for memory testing its free for personal use.

Good luck John

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:15
Re: The instruction at -- referenced memory at --. The memory could not be read."

Thanks John for your reply.

I know this was a needle in a haystack question, but I have been working on narrowing down when the error happens and then exactly what causes the error.

It turned out to be on a Access Form with a webbrowser control on it where the user browsers to a website with a java control on it and instead of browsering away from the site the user closes the Access form. For some reason this causes an error. So I will just stop users from doing it.

It ended up being very specific.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom