ePDQ - Payment processing from Access (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 16:12
Hello peeps,

I work for an Insurance company, a small start up company. So far, processing payment was not really a big deal. Information (between 10 and 15 records) is loaded into the DB, then a user manually processes the payment in the ePDQ website, by setting up a payment. Now as the company grows; there are more and more payments to process (between 60-75 a day). It is very hard to process them manually.

So I am wondering if anyone knows of any existing API, that can be integrated with MS Access. I have contacted the support (about two days ago) of Barclaycard ePDQ team, and I am yet to hear back from them. I am sure that there is an API, that websites use to process the payment online, I just need this to work from MS Access. Any thoughts?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The API will be specific to the provider so you'll need to get it from Barclaycar - however

I have a similar situation with a client who accepts payments online through their website. However their provider has a screen where they (my client) can download a .csv file containing all the payment information for selected days - they run the dowload today for yesterday and I have provided an import routine to identify new customers and set up the basic customer record, then import the payment information and finally a report of 'unreconciled items' which have to be handled manually.

Might be worth checking to see if you can do the same

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Thanks Chris, yes I am still waiting for a reply from the barclaycard support team. If something does not come through by Wednesday I will get someone on the phone to try and deal with that.

I do the same, I have an import method, then the import is given as a datasheet, they manually set up the payment, then double click on the record to say if the payment was successful or not. This way I have more control.

It's only the part of setting up new payment on the ePDQ system that's long winded. I will keep a look out and if I am struggling I will give a shout out ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom