Outlook view control and creating appointments over several days (1 Viewer)

kriswork

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:48
Hi,

I'm using the Outlook view control and I'm trying to create appointments in it.
My code works fine if only one day is highlighted in the calendar (currently in a month view), but the ".SelectedDate" property is of the type data and can't cope with holding a date range (which is fair enough).

Here's what I've got so far which is triggered when I hit a button after I've highlighted one or more days in the Outlook view control:

Private Sub btnCreateAppointment_Click()
Dim OutlookApp As Outlook.Application
Dim Appointment As Outlook.AppointmentItem
Dim OutlookNms As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim OutlookPST As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim OutlookCalendar As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim OutlookExplorer As Outlook.Explorer
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
Set OutlookNms = OutlookApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set OutlookPST = OutlookNms.Folders("Archive Folders")
Set OutlookCalendar = OutlookPST.Folders("Calendar")
Set Appointment = OutlookCalendar.Items.Add
Appointment.Subject = "Hello"
Appointment.AllDayEvent = True
Appointment.Body = Me.txtNotes
Appointment.Start = Me.OutlookControl.Object.SelectedDate
'Appointment.Start = "20/09/2011 12:00"
'Appointment.End = "21/09/2011 12:00"
Appointment.Save

I'm struggling to find the right property of the view control that is holding the dates I've selected.
I've tried using Me.OutlookControl.Object.selection.???, but when looking in the locals windows I can't see any properties that are holding the date range.

I don't have a problem creating an appointment that spans several days, just a problem reading in what days have been selected

kriswork

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:48
Thanks jdraw for the link.
I don't have a problem creating multiday appoinments though. I have a problem trying to find the right property which holds the days that are currently highlighted on the Outlook View control. SelectedDate is the right one if only 1 day is selected, but not if more than 1 day is selected.

Kris

bengiomanni

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:48
This is quite a bit later, but you guys mention that you use the Outlook View Control. I'm using Access 2010 and I am digging around everywhere trying to find information, but there is almost nothing, and the link I see everywhere for Microsoft documentation leads me to a dead end. Do you have any info on how to set up the OCV on an Access form?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom