AWF - Christmas meal (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:03
London would be perfect, Ryan Air flies direct from Naples so that would be ideal. As far as the rest, I am up for either whether it's an actual Access oriented seminar or just a reason to get some fish and chips and wash it down with either a Guinness or Strongbow...

Would be great to meet the people who make this forum the awesome thing it is...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Due to family commitments I know I will not be there for any UK gathering. Among other things, I've got a grandson to sometimes watch and need a LOT of lead time to get a passport set up.

However, regardless of any holiday, if someone happens to KNOW they are visiting New Orleans, Louisiana, send me a PM through the forum (because it links to my regular e-mail) and I will be happy to meet you.

As a retired man, I would even be available for a home-grown tour of at least a few places. Depending on matters too complex to enumerate, my dear wife might also enjoy a visit from someone I met through the forum.

Missy and I are considering Mardi Gras in the not too distant future, rest assured we will be calling. If I bring the wine, you can make gumbo?

NadiaVKhan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:03
Im hungry now. But its awhile till xmas

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:03
Gent, just watch out because Mardi Gras is a LUNAR holiday. Make your plans with a calendar that shows Ash Wednesday (which is always the day after Fat Tuesday, or in French, Mardi Gras.)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So CJL...how was Vienna?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 09:03
How about some of us in the States chip in to set up a multi-room Skype VIDEO chat (or other service) so we can all have a toast together.
The only reason a paid service is mentioned is because the free ones don't always seem to work that well. We want the least time-delay lag since Colorado is 10 years behind the rest of the world. LOL
I would be willing to put in $20 USD if there was a good quality site that around a dozen outside UK could join.
Reminder of the time zone - this might be an that excuse for waking up at 4 AM during the holidays for a drink!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
That sounds like a great alternative to a Christmas gathering...is it open to non-members?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:03
yes - costs £35+vat more for non members - see bottom of agenda. Or you can pay an extra £35+vat to become a member for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom