Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 16:50
Better be careful admitting that. The next thing you know, your side of the pond will ALSO be target of calls for reparations for the slave trade.

They already have in the past.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
WHAT?????

I really had to read that twice. I've never seen anyone post something like that. I've been banned about 4 times, I've been told I am............well, let's just say the posters were angry and used language I wouldn't use. I'm sure I upset more people than like me - I upset you, AB, Doc, Frothy etc etc. Yet you say a comment like that. . . . .

Nope, I don't like you. I've known for a while, now, however, that your anti-Americanism is 90% trolling, but I have zero tolerance for racism (including calling Markle 'half-caste', even if you don't mean anything by it). Blame it on being brought up in a severely racist family. And to be quite frank, the very idea that you would actually plan to kill yourself and didn't give a rat's ass about the effect it would have on your wife (and you said that several times) absolutely infuriated me. That wasn't because it was you, though; it would have pissed me off no matter who said that.

That said, I actually am happy your situation with your wife and her illness is improving and that your mental state seems to be improving apace. I may not ever come to like you - although stranger things have happened (twenty years ago I was a Republican, for crying out loud) - but I'm perfectly content to sit back and see what changes.

Not that my opinion of you really matters in the grand scheme of things. :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 20:50
Nope, I don't like you. I've known for a while, now, however, that your anti-Americanism is 90% trolling, but I have zero tolerance for racism (including calling Markle 'half-caste', even if you don't mean anything by it). Blame it on being brought up in a severely racist family. And to be quite frank, the very idea that you would actually plan to kill yourself and didn't give a rat's ass about the effect it would have on your wife (and you said that several times) absolutely infuriated me. That wasn't because it was you, though; it would have pissed me off no matter who said that.

That said, I actually am happy your situation with your wife and her illness is improving and that your mental state seems to be improving apace. I may not ever come to like you - although stranger things have happened (twenty years ago I was a Republican, for crying out loud) - but I'm perfectly content to sit back and see what changes.

Not that my opinion of you really matters in the grand scheme of things. :p

You really need to learn to say what you mean and not beat about the bush.

You also know nothing about me, I was not brought up in a severely racist family. Also, yes I was going to end my life so that Mary would be cared for by professional carers. I discussed the whole plan with her and she totally understood the reasoning. If you didn't like it then tough titties mate.

Oh, and I don't like you either.

Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Man-O-man, we is having a good time now!

Tony, I know we hijacked your thread, but I would be lying if I said I was sorry...!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Man-O-man, we is having a good time now!

Tony, I know we hijacked your thread, but I would be lying if I said I was sorry...!

John, I think you hit the nail on the head with your comments about this forum. And as for Colin, whatever you think of him, he is at least "genuine" and consistent.

I also suspect that Colin is mellowing with age, I can see that in a year or two he will be welcoming new members to the forum, well maybe not American members!

Sent from Newbury UK

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I see on today's TV news that the Yankee Z rated actress gold-digger is moaning on about how the British press is hounding her.
Get a grip girl, the British press will destroy you, then you can make another mint with the kiss-and-tell books you can write after the divorce.

She moans on, yet allows a TV documentary to film their every move, what the hell do you want? A quiet life? Don't marry into The Royal Family, you can't marry a senior Royal and expect a quiet luxury life, get used to it, that's the way it is in the UK.
The press will treat her worse than they did Diana, purely because a) she's American b) she's a half caste and c) she's a z rated has been actress.

Still, one good thing for her, she'll never need to work again with the piles of money she will make from her divorce, TV and book rights etc etc

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:50
I get that the press doesn't like her because she's American. I must admit I don't know this from history, but was Wallis Simpson treated badly in the UK press? Do you know?

As to the half-caste comment, it wasn't her choice and anyone who blames her for it is lower-than-low-class. We don't get to choose our parents and should not be chastised for a choice we didn't make. To do so is offensive.

As to the "z-rated actress" - I don't think that's entirely the case. Award winning? No. But she was regularly employed, which means she had SOME acting chops. Maybe b-rated? (But then, in the UK press, she is often berated...)

Personally, I think a lot of paparazzi need to lose their press credentials - and their jobs. A lot of them are scum-sucking dogs who would just as soon breach someone's privacy in order to dig up some lurid details of people who are just being people. Say what you want, but I don't think Diana would have died if she hadn't been chased by a fleet of paparazzi sharks frothing at the mouth for the next juicy picture or scandalous story.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Are you saying "a half-caste" outsmarted all the senior Royals? She must be really really smart, or ……….:rolleyes:

Quite right, let’s say Col is accurate for the sake of argument. Wouldn’t the real story be WHY Prince Harry went “slumming” in the first place? If “Royal” blood was all that, shouldn’t it have prevented him from allowing the gene pool to get contaminated? :confused:

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Getting the royal gene pool to be contaminated????

Have you guys SEEN the family trees of Europe including all of those "arranged" marriages of state? A banyan vine looks straight compared to THAT tangle! So many dashed, dotted, and zig-zag lines that it looks it was drawn by Picasso when he was drunk. (Not that anyone could tell the difference...)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I see now that the Yankee half caste gold digger has had to take a break from "Royal" duties, and to add insult to the Queen, she and Harry are not spending Christmas at Balmoral.
Mind you she's had it tough, busy suing the British papers to add any compensation money to her nest egg, and worst of all, being a yank she only eats with a fork, so the masses of cutlery at the table is proving too much for the poor dear to comprehend.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And sell maps to the tourists so they could drive by the estate of royalty!

For our UK friends, the "Map to Hollywood Star Homes" is a real thing! Not just a joke in movies. My aunt bought one and brought it home to show us after a vacation to LA LA Land.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
For our UK friends, the "Map to Hollywood Star Homes" is a real thing! Not just a joke in movies. My aunt bought one and brought it home to show us after a vacation to LA LA Land.
I had no idea. nice! by the way, anyone from the UK, is it true that England still rules parts of Africa?

Lindaad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:50
"Golddigger" is entirely unjustified. Meghan was a successful, independent businesswoman and acquired her own fortune long before meeting the 'royals'. She doesn't need nor want 'their' money. I admire this couple for their courage to defy social bias and build a loving, caring life together.

Colin's remarks are intended to be at very least, derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful. Such racist and women bashing remarks serve only to spread hate and violence.

I agree with your opinion

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Colin's remarks are intended to be at very least, derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful. Such racist and women bashing remarks serve only to spread hate and violence.

What? Spread hate and violence? There,there dear, get a grip sunshine.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, June7, Col's posts are more in the family of "troll grunts" rather than intentional statements of hatred. I.e. like a fisherman dragging a baited hook, Col is trolling to see what bites. Do your best to not feed the old troll too much. We've known him on this forum for over a decade.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
No, June7, Col's posts are more in the family of "troll grunts" rather than intentional statements of hatred. I.e. like a fisherman dragging a baited hook, Col is trolling to see what bites. Do your best to not feed the old troll too much. We've known him on this forum for over a decade.

Um, excuse me, it's actually 20 years since I joined in 1999.

Time I retired?

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well, 20 years IS over a decade, you know.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 13:50
Um, excuse me, it's actually 20 years since I joined in 1999.

Time I retired?

Col

Depends, have you found a good bridge yet?

Just make sure its over something deeper than the royals gene pool, don't want you to get squished under it.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

I have an image of Colin, developed over many years of distant observation on this site:-
Imagine your family has a visit over Christmas from a typical great uncle. He commandeers the best chair in the living room, between the Christmas tree and the fire. He sits there farting and burping without a care for niceties. He hasn't had a shower for two weeks and it shows, his beard and hair unkempt, un-brushed and you're afraid to look to see if there are any creatures wandering around in it. He might well ask you if he can borrow a bug rake, he's not joking. You lend him your comb, and you throw it on the fire when he gives it back to you.

At every opportunity he makes disparaging remarks, the mince pies are too sweet, the cups are too small, he prefers a mug. the Tea is too weak, or too strong, it doesn't really matter whichever way you make it, it will be wrong! When he is finished drinking his tea from the saucer, and finished off ALL the rich tea biscuits, brushed the crumbs on to the hearth, then, he makes a great show of clearing his nose and throat of phlegm and spits it in to the cup. It's Christmas so you can't really say anything, and the kids love him!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
There are times when I want to change my name :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom