Combobox: Easy question (1 Viewer)

usr_X

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
UPDATE: I have answered my own question; See below if interested.

Original question:

I am having trouble setting up a combobox to do all of the following:

* The combobox is bound to a column in a table.

* The current record is selected/displayed in the combobox (vs. an empty display where you have to select to display a value).

* The combobox list does not contain repeating values from its bound column, e.g. if the bound column contains the values Region 1, Region 2, and Region 3 those values need to be displayed only once in the combobox, not for every occurrence of those values in the source table.

This seems like an easy problem, but playing with the control and searching help I have not been able to find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

usr_X

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
Sorry for the post; after a little more research I was able to answer my own question. For the record:

* The Control Source property in the combobox property sheet needed to be set to the field that would populate the combo box.

* The Row Source property for the combobox needed to be a query with the Unique Values property set (in the query) to Yes in order to eliminate duplicates. The query needed to contain only the field/column that was populating the combobox, not the primary key or any other fields.

* The Row Source Type property in the combobox property sheet needs to be set to Table/Query.

* The Bound Column and Column Count properties for the combobox control both needs to be set to 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom