Creating a report from multiple tables/forms (1 Viewer)

apples76

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:12
Could you please help me out.

I am trying to develop a DB that is multi user. i ahve not split the data from the forms into separate db's as the users are in different locations and our network can be very slow.

part of the requirerment is to produce a drawing approval form, my current sticking point is that the method i am currently using to create the forms only allows one person at a time to use the process.

currently i have a command button that runs a query and then creates a table from the results. the table is then used as the data source for a mail merged form in word.

what i ultimatly need is a process which allows multiple users to generate these forms at the same time and have the ability to save the form (with no code behind it) as a word document (either RTF etc)

i am thinking that if i create a query on the fly in VB and then use the results to use in a report this would allow me to do the above.....

So my questions are:

1) is my assumption correct
2) If so, how do i do it as i have never done it before
3) If the above is not the best solution/ does not work... what will/is

Ziggy1

Registered User.
Local time
Can you describe what the users need to do with the Form what is the purpose?

Also by clarify your definition of "Form" do you have a document that is produced that is filled in or are you talking about an actual Access Form (object).

RTF will not likely be your best solution because if you take a report for example and export to RTF it loses alot of formatting (lines, OLE etc).

Now I am talking Access 2000, so if later versions don't do that then I can't say.

so just give some more details on your process, and I or someone else can guide you in the right direction

apples76

Registered User.
Local time
Ziggy1 said:
Can you describe what the users need to do with the Form what is the purpose?

The form is to be emailed to an external company for the purpose of approving/rejecting drawings that have sent in for apprasal.

Also by clarify your definition of "Form" do you have a document that is produced that is filled in or are you talking about an actual Access Form (object).

The form mentioned is a word document

RTF will not likely be your best solution because if you take a report for example and export to RTF it loses alot of formatting (lines, OLE etc).

Now I am talking Access 2000, so if later versions don't do that then I can't say.

so just give some more details on your process, and I or someone else can guide you in the right direction

The process involved is relatively simple.

1) site is given (nominated) to an external contractor to design & build
2) the date the nomination sent, received and arranged site visit is tracked and measured.
3) initial drawings (planning drawings) are sent in for approval
4) again drawing receipt from nomination is tracked as is approval
5) if drawings accepted then form sent with comments approved. if rejected reasonsare stated and reveions requested.
6) upon approval of first set of drawings. A second set called construction drawings are produced, these are tracked against approval of the planning drawings and original nomination date, and follow the same approval process.

apples76

Registered User.
Local time
Bump....

still need help with this one please.

Ziggy1

Registered User.
Local time
So currently you are using mail Merge with WORD, you also would like to use a query with a report.

The cleanest method is to export the Report, is as a Snapshot format as it retains all the formatting, just base the report on the query ( no need to create a new table).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom