#error when trying to sum a total (1 Viewer)

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:41
Hey there,

There are ALOT of threads on this topic, and i've spent the last hour reading them and trying out different things, however i'm STILL stuck.

In a nutshell... I have a table consisting of 4 records, each record having a £ value. When i run the report, in the footer, i want each record's value to be added up, thus giving me a total.

The value field is called "Value".

I have tried using:

=Sum([Value])

and

=Sum(Nz([Value]))

in an unbound textbox in the footer, however i recieve an "#error" everytime i run the report.

i have NO idea why this isn't working, and wondered if one of you kind people could shed light on it for me?

Have attached the db for your persual :)

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Attachments

• db1.mdb
    184 KB · Views: 355

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
You don't put totals on the page footer, you need to either create group footers or put it on the report footer. Also do not use words suh as Value as this is an Access reserved word.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Take a look again you have it on the page footer

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
I'm confused.. You said i should have it on the page footer, and i do have it on the page footer?

What have i done wrong? Where should this formula be?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
You don't put totals on the page footer, you need to either create group footers or put it on the report footer.

Please read the above carefully

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
.... my bad!

Really sorry about that, thanks for your help David! You must get sick of people like me.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Yea, I got tired of having to type it all out when asked so I performed a search on the net and found it. They should find it easy to follow (I hope).

I thought you have this on your site already?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:41
Yea, I got tired of having to type it all out when asked so I performed a search on the net and found it. They should find it easy to follow (I hope).

I thought you have this on your site already?

I have a sample of how to put a sum in the main form from a subform but not the rest. And that article you posted was the first time I actually saw how to post a page total instead of group or report total. So, see - there's just so much to learn in Access, I keep learning something new very frequently. Now remembering it all is a totally different matter. :D

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Oh, I thought you knew how to do that. We sure learn everyday.

I'm sure you put all your devices to good use to aide you in remembering things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom