How to change Crystal Report's Data source location programattically in Vb6. (1 Viewer)

Mazhar.Iqbal

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
I m using vb6 with Access 2010 (DAO) and Crystal Reports 9.22 I have developed a project in vb6 it works fine at design mod but when i Install it (i mean after Package and deployment) on other machine and run the project everything works fine except Crystal reports, when i run the reports it says:
Logon Failed:
DAO Error Code: 0xbe4
Source DAO.Workspace
Discription : "D:....\MyData.MDB" is not a valid path. Make sure the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

Even if just change the design mod's directory name the same message occurs.
How can i change the datasource location of crystal reports at runtime using vb6.
Can any body give me the solution pls.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:44
Please do not double post, if you have had not responses it is because nobody has an answer yet. I have closed the other thread.

As an observation, drive D is often an optical drive which you cannot write to directly, Access needs read and write permissions. If "D:....\MyData.MDB" is on an optical drive, this may well be the reason why you are getting an error.

Mazhar.Iqbal

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
Please do not double post, if you have had not responses it is because nobody has an answer yet. I have closed the other thread.

As an observation, drive D is often an optical drive which you cannot write to directly, Access needs read and write permissions. If "D:....\MyData.MDB" is on an optical drive, this may well be the reason why you are getting an error.

Ok dear, Infact I don't know how to change the title of a post in edit mode, that's the reason I re-post with new title.

However, Drive D:\ is not an optical drive. I have two partitions of my hard drive as C and D. (Primary and Extended).

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:44
No problem

It was just a thought re drive D - I presume the machine you have deployed to has the same setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom