Greetings from Bonnie Scotland (1 Viewer)

Phrygian

Local time
Today, 15:58
I thought it would be a good intellectual exercise to try and use Access to build a database of operatic information.

The original idea was to have a database showing the names of operas along with their composers, synopses and other general information. Ambition then outstripped ability when I thought I would add arias for each of the four voices, together with the original lyrics and English translations. I would then add a further list of tenors, sopranos and so on and link this to actual mp3 files of the arias. I am now swimming in a sea of " one to manys " and " many to manys". I have not even got round to thinking of duets, trios, quartets.....

Perhaps I should stick to fishing and golf.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Welcome to the Forum. The secret often is to add things one at a time learning as you go

Phrygian

Local time
Thanks for the encouragement. I think you are absolutely right and will persevere. It is a bit like banging your head against wall until you get the light bulb moment.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:58
I think you are absolutely right and will persevere. It is a bit like banging your head against wall until you get the light bulb moment.

Just hope the head holds up long enough for those non-too-frequent moments!

You have come to the right place, one step at a time and you will get there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom