Showing graphics too slow (1 Viewer)

Devon

Local time
Today, 21:15
With Access 2007 I am using images with .picturetype 1 to make things look a little fancier. I also change the visibility of squares, images and labels when a user clicks an element, as some sort of status indicator. Unfortunately, the code runs without actually making the elements visible so the user is left to wonder whether or not he or she succesfully clicked an element (say, an image to open another form).

I know by experience that Access has difficulty dealing with graphics and that I should rather use buttons and message boxes. But as I believe that software should support me instead of the other way around, I'd like to know if there is any decent way to solve my problem?

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:15
I don't really understand what you are trying to do with .PictureType, this only sets the Image to either Embedded or Linked.

Access 2007 is much better at handling images and even back to Access 1997 with a ActiveX tool images particularly jpegs could be handled. I do not use the OLE Image control and never embed images.

Simon

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Today, 22:15
Hi Devon
If you are using jpg images then maybe your image resolution is too high then you need to open the image with photoshop then go to image menu then image size and set the resolution to 72dpi that could keep the image in good resolution and give the ability for Access to load it faster and always keep your images embedded in the form so Access don't has to go every time and look for the image source which could consume more time
Hope this helps

Last edited:

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:15
Just as important is the image dimensions. An image 1000 x 1000 pixels is four times the size of an image 500 x 500 pixels.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom