Form Group By Alternative (1 Viewer)

doupis

Local time
Today, 09:09
Hey, Team!

I currently have an information database for about 115 companies. There are several tables such as "Company Information", "Amortization", "Plant Location", "Manufacturing Capabilities", etc.

I want to be able to open one form, such as "Company Overview" and have it link to another form, "Company Capabilities", for the same company.

E.g. When viewing the "Company Overview" form for Target, I would like a link to Target's cabailities form.

Also, the "Company Overview" form currently has multiple records for each company; thus, my form has 794 entries instead of 115. Is there a way to "Group By" similar to reports?

Any help for these two questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank yoU!

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:09
Hello doupis, Welcome to AWF. :)

For your first question, what you need is to [URL="http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/access-help/create-a-form-that-contains-a-subform-a-one-to-many-form-HA010098674.aspx"]Create a form that contains a subform (a one-to-many form)
[/URL]
Second question. You can look at Group By query. But that will make the Form read only. What exactly are you doing there? How is that you get 794 records? Could you show us the relationship screenshot?

PS: Check the thread, If you need to post a picture or database before 10 posts...

doupis

Local time
Today, 09:09
Thanks for the response! I have utilized sub-forms as an option; however, the information encompasses many pages so it is a very big form. Also, the user may only need the company overview or contact information, not necessarily all the capabilities (there are about 5 categories of capabilities with multiple details in each).

Is there a way to minimize a sub-form or have a printable version as well?

Access Relationships.jpg

Here are the relationships. All the multiple records in the "Company Overview" query are identical. There are over 10 fields so a duplicate query didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom