Fixed Position (1 Viewer)

WhiskyLima

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:54
Hi guys. Im working on a form which has textboxes in it. There are also buttons which are on top of the text boxes and what im trying to do is freeze the position of the two. Im finding that when I click into the text box the button goes behind the text box and is no longer visible until I click something else.

I want to avoid a work around such as moving the button to the side of the text box as this is not going to look right. Also I should mention that I need to be able to click on the textbox as there are actions attached to them.

I hope I have made myself clear enough - please let me know if not :eek:

Thanks in advance guys!

WhiskyLima

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. This doesn't work in this situation however as even thought he position is correct to start with, if I click on the text box, for some reason it automatically brings it to the front. Its not until I click on a different box that its position is reverted to the way it should be.

BigHappyDaddy

Coding Monkey Wanna-Be
Local time
Today, 02:54
I am making a guess here, do you want your textbox hidden from view, that is why you are putting it behind the button?

WhiskyLima

Registered User.
Local time
Basically the idea is that I have made a calendar and in this calendar each day is a textbox. So far I have the calendar populate information - using SQL - from a table of events when a month is selected from a dropdown. Anyway that all works perfectly, but what im trying to do is to have a small button visible in the corner of each of the textboxes where there are more than one event on the day. I have managed all of this and its working perfectly. The buttons are only displayed when there are multiple events on the day and this button is supposed to cycle through the events on the date. This also works perfectly but the problem arises when there is too much information in the box and the user wants to click in the text box and scroll down to see the rest. Making the boxes infinitely bigger is obviously not an option. This clicking and scrolling in the box causes the box to be brought into the foreground of the form and makes the button seemingly vanish until you click on another box.

try it out.. put a text box and a button overlapping and no matter what options you set, one or the other will move to the front when selected. This is what im trying to avoid and it seems like it should be a very basic request but its not as easy as I thought I would be.

Thanks for the assistance guys

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
not really easy - the text box gets the focus, and comes to the front, over the button. This is how it works.

why not have sort of navigation buttons under the text box?

The only other thing is having a separate tiny popup form with the button on it- but that is a different idea entirely.

WhiskyLima

Registered User.
Local time
Ok maybe I will rethink the layout a little - I don't think it will hurt to have the button to the side or underneath maybe.

Cheers All

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom