Tip Access Examples (1 Viewer)

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:14
Hi All,

I have learned a lot in this forum and have been able to develop applications for Azure Remote App, as well as locally shared solutions with the help I have received here. I wanted to give back somehow, and decided to post a link to a free, open, sample database for managing and accounting for investment portfolios, which includes some nice code for calculating value at risk, performing journal entries, and rerunning portfolio history based on previous dates. Feel free to borrow, copy etc from the database file at the attached link.

http://www.riskwaves.com/portfolios2.aspx

Thanks again,

Last edited:

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 10:14
When I click the link I get this warning from Firefox browser:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.riskwaves.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
I am no expert on FireFox, but I do know that browser options have personalization for security and you can add trusted sites to bypass (even tho explorer still throws confirmation messages up to allow a trusted site). If you are using trusted sites in your browser, your browser will basically let you know you are opening a site you have not personally added to your trusted list.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You might consider attaching your sample here, as many people will be hesitant to click on a link to an unknown site (me included).

HiTechCoach

Local time
The first time I tried it is also said I have to sign up for downloads. I bailed...

If you remove the S from https:// it works

I used this: http://www.riskwaves.com/portfolios2.aspx

I was able to download it without having to sign up for a download service.

Thanks for sharing.

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, I removed the "s" from the link. There is no malicious code or macros. I just updated a new version today as well which includes Monte Carlo simulations on the Value At Risk page. I hope that those who chose to download the example will appreciate the work done on accounting, simulations, etc, and find it a useful reference.

Acme

Registered User.
Local time
FYI, there is a nice game of Texas Hold Em in this app - click on the Title on the menu and give it a shot. I have nearly a billion, but lose due to long integer constraints :)

HiTechCoach

Local time
FYI, there is a nice game of Texas Hold Em in this app - click on the Title on the menu and give it a shot. I have nearly a billion, but lose due to long integer constraints :)

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom