Display multiple values in a report (1 Viewer)

Toon

Local time
Today, 15:28
Hi all,
I working an a database where I basically have 2 tables. One table contains companies with an autonumbering ID as primary key and some other fields for their contact details and address. The other table contains technologies, also with an autonumbering ID as primary key. In this table I added a field CompanyID. As one company can have many technologies, but 1 technology only belongs to one company I connected the two tables with a one-to-many relationship between the two companyID fields.
Now I want to make a report which shows a list of companies with for each company the technologies that they offer. However, if I make such a report I get multiple lines per company. For example, if company A has technology 1, 2 and 3 then the report shows me 3 lines, one for each technology. So the company is repeated 3 times in the report which is unwanted given the company details (address, contact,...) are also repeated 3 times.
Is there a way of make a report where it just shows company A with one field showing technology 1, 2 and 3? So can you combine linked data in one field in a report?
Thanks already for the help!
Toon

Toon

Local time
Today, 15:28
Thanks Plog! That helps, the companies are not repeated anymore. Now I have a separate line per technology in the company group. Is it also possible to have the technologies on the same line, separated for example by a comma or semicolon?
Thanks!

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:28
Thanks Plog! That helps, the companies are not repeated anymore. Now I have a separate line per technology in the company group. Is it also possible to have the technologies on the same line, separated for example by a comma or semicolon?
Thanks!

You could use a crosstab query, which would turn every technology into a distinct field. This would need to be updated whenever technologies change. Otherwise you would need to use code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom