Button to follow a hyperlink in a hidden textbox (1 Viewer)

Jab331

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:50
I have a hidden textbox in a form that contains a link to a folder full of pictures. I have created a small button on the form that i would like to follow the link in the hidden textbox and bring up the relevant pictures. What is the code needed for this?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
See if you can adapt the attached:

Attachments

• FolderImages v3.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 68

Jab331

Registered User.
Local time
I've had a play about and to be honest i am completely lost...Sorry.

I think this is way more complicated than anything i am asking for?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
All you need to do is click the 'Populate' button and select an image folder.
This will populate the listbox.
Click any image in the list to view it.

Click View All Images to view a report with thumbnails of all images in the folder.

HTH

Jab331

Registered User.
Local time
I have managed to populate the images but that is not the code i require.

The images i want to display are in thousands of different folders across different drives so whenever a record is loaded on to the form a hidden text box includes the hyperlink to the correct folder full of relevant images. I just need to somehow link the button in the form to the click action of the hidden hyperlink so the correct folder is opened.

Thanks,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If you want to view all images in your folder at once, I suggest you use an ActiveX web browser control. AWF member static did an example movie database last year showing loads of DVD cover images. A forum search should find it.

Otherwise if you're happy with the idea from my example database adapt the code in the cmdPopulateImageList. Start at the line strSourceFolder =...
and change it to the folder path in your hidden textbox. However you don't want this to be a hyperlink

Good luck with your project. Signing out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom