Lookups (1 Viewer)

Accessnewbie80

Local time
Today, 18:31
Hi guys. I am fairly new to Access having used excel for some years however i want to do something a little different (different to me anyway)
I am and Estimator in construction and I have started developing an estimating programme to do more automated stuff. As part of this and a key part of the programme I want to add a lookup to look up an item description and return that Item's price. So i have various tables each with various items and prices, example below; i hope it makes sense

Table 1 : Source Data

ID Manufacturer Product Code Item Description Size Spec Item Cost
1 Marley Deepflow gutter Black £xx.xx

Table 2 : Pricing Section

ID Ref Item Description Qty Unit Rate Amount Item select Cost
1 A Marley deepflow gutter Deepflow gutter

In the example of table 2 i have a look up in the "Item select" field which simply allows me to chose the item from a drop down list from the data stored in table 1. Now the part i cannot seem to get my head around is the following;
In the "Cost" field in table 2, I want to return the value from the "Item Cost" field in table 1 relative to the item I select from the "Item Select" drop down menu in table 2. So in essence I want to pick the item in one field and have the cost automatically displayed in another field (on the same table)

Hope the above makes sense and hope somebody out there can assist.

Many thanks.

Accessnewbie80

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom