Mutiple Excel Files Import to Access (1 Viewer)

Lilly420

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:18
Hello,

This is a question as to how difficult something would be for a person like myself who does not know code well but has tweaked code to use in my Databases with the help of you folks here.

The task is:

Taking multiple Excel Spreadsheets (and the number of files will be different every day) with multiple tabs of data within each file and only taking the first row of data on each tab and importing all this data into one table in an Access Database automatically…I know how to import data from Excel using a Macro but this is different—I have only done one table imports and the fields are always the same, they never change.

Many of these Excel files will not have the data in the same columns, it will be different with almost every spreadsheet and multiple tabs with each file, I have no clue on how to do this or if I even can without knowing code.

I found an article on importing multiple Excel files into a Database to create one table, but the fields are all the same within the multiple Excel files and only 1 tab.

I just don't know how to answer this question…as I don't know if it is possible without the knowledge of code…I appreciate your guidance.

Thank you.

Lilly

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:18
Hi. Even if the order of the columns could be different, would they at least have the same names?

Lilly420

Registered User.
Local time
Some will and some won't...there could be new ones on there that have never come over before.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:18
Some will and some won't...there could be new ones on there that have never come over before.

In that case, I am not sure how you can fully automate this process. You may have to do some manual pre-processing first to clean up the Excel files before importing them.

Lilly420

Registered User.
Local time
That is what I thought too but just need to make sure I was answering this correctly. Very much appreciate your quick response. Thank you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom