Converting Access Forms to Web Pages (1 Viewer)

d223342r

Local time
Today, 12:56
Hi all, I have created a MS Access database for my boss to track our KPIs, key risks, and also give a plan/timeline for key projects. We would like to somehow give greater read/write access to the database over a secure intranet. However, I have no idea how to do this. I assume that some how I need to create dynamic web pages that gives the write access to the database and I also need to create static pages that simply provide a way of viewing the data.

I have created the desired forms in the database that provide the various views to review and input data, I am now trying to work out how to convert these to web pages that provide the same level of access as if I was using the database on my PC. Without, and this is the key one, having to create all of the pages from scratch, ie is there any software out there that will not only allow me to access the data over a net, but also convert my existing forms (including the various codes and queries, etc) to web pages (that have the same level of data input).

Many thanks everyone Andy

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 23:56
if all your intended users have access to the same server, you could just make front end and back end of your existing DB. put the back end on a secure server and give everyone a front end - link up to the backend and hey presto.

there's more than a billion* threads in this forum for you to trawl through. now that you have the correct keywords, you may have better luck finding what you want.

boblarson has a few example databases (in the sample database section of the forums) on exactly this topic - incluing a way to automatically link front ends to back ends remotely (so you don't have to physically be at each user's computer to link it for them - at least, that's what i understood the sample to do)

*edit: this may be a slight exaggeration... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom