Color of field switches unexpectedly-when focus changes to another field (1 Viewer)

maagero

Local time
Today, 10:51
Hello,
~My problem: color of field switches unexpectedly-when focus changes to another field. My environment stats are: Win7Pro; 64-bit; 16GB RAM; Windows Domain-LAN; MS-Access 2007 (12.0.6735.500 SP3 MSO (12.0.6743.5000).
~Solution hunting: I noticed someone else here had similar problem, but the hotfix mentioned I have been not able to find.
~~~I have programmed many an Access databases on this PC and have never seen this issue before.
_I did not choose any themes.
_I programmed the colors myself. I go from combo box object to another object and the combo box goes to transparent background.
_I have looked at field object property: back color set to a color other than the form background color normal. I have checked alternate color properties and I have no color set.
_After troubleshooting more, I noticed it is when I focus on a combo and change focus to another field the combo box I was last on will change to transparent back style.
_When change the back style property to transparent the unexpected color does not occur.

Any suggestion as to how to fix this issue? Thanks, Ron Maagero

Last edited:

maagero

Local time
Hello, I found this.

Open the form in layout view and go all the way to the right under the auto format group of the format ribbon tab. Use the pull down to expand the options and select AutoFormat Wizard...there select the Access 2007 AutoFormat in the left column. This will reset your format settings so you will need to reapply your custom background color but it should fix the combobox issue.

This was a PIA, but it fixed my problem. The caveat is redoing all my colors to the way I had originally design. After reopening the database, the problem cam back. This has not happened before. Grrr...

I ended up keeping the theme for the particular form having the issue. The color in the combo box doesn't change and this is resolved, although via a workaround. I couldn't put my colors back. -Ron M.

Last edited:

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
This is a known bug with v2007. There is a hotfix available for this at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/974995

And this is a quick fix, from Allen Browne's site:

A combo may display as transparent when focus leaves it. Hotfix (post SP2.) Workaround: set AlternateBackColor property of (Detail?) Section to something other than "No Color", e.g. #80000027.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom