Question Look-Up field doesn't work in frontend file, only in backend (1 Viewer)

karen8

Local time
Today, 14:23
I have a lookup- field in the backend database. It is working normally there (in the table and form); I can choose several values, click "ok" and then they are displayed in the field.

Though I cannot use the same lookup field in the frontend! I see the values, I can check them, but I cannot click "ok" (table and form). Also all lookup fields appear empty when the dropdown menu is closed, although they do have values in the backend.
The original backend table is linked to the frontend and all other fields are working normally.

Is there a way to use the same lookup field in the backend and the frontend??? Why can't I choose values in the frontend? :banghead: The user should have only a limited choice of certain values.

Thank you very much!!!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:23
This may be because the table the lookup's are stored in hasn't been linked to the front end. I think it is a problem with the Lookup type fields.

Put the values in a separate table and link to that.

karen8

Local time
This may be because the table the lookup's are stored in hasn't been linked to the front end. I think it is a problem with the Lookup type fields.

Put the values in a separate table and link to that.

@Minty:
The Lookup field value table is also already linked to the front end. :(

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:23
might be something to do with the bound column, column count or column widths properties

karen8

Local time
I just refreshed all tables via Linked Table Manager and FINALLY it works :) :) *party*

Thank you all for your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom