Autocomplete textbox from combobox based on tables (1 Viewer)

vent

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:49
Hi everyone

So I'm creating an access database using three tables, so far, they are:

tblCompany
tblPrograms
tblSupplementary

The Company table will have one or more than one program and/supplementary service. Thus, the program(s) and supplementary(ies) columns appear as dropdown lists in the Company table. The relationship is 1-to-many for Company and programs/supplementary.

Basically what I aim to achieve is that the user selects the Company from a combobox and the fields (e.g. address, email, program(s), supplementary(ies), etc.) automatically populate the textboxes based off what was selected in the dropdown. I have a form and manually inputted the various textboxes. If anyone has any feedback, that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
Welcome to the forum.

It's not clear to me from your post what the purpose of this system is. It's not to keep track of employee training. It's not an accounting or order system. It's not a class register, or school, or questionnaire.

Since your purpose is not that clear, it not possible to comment on whether the structure you've shown will satisfy that purpose. What is a company program? What is a supplement? Why do you need to keep track of these things in a database?

Hope this helps refine your thinking on the matter,
Mark

vent

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:49
Welcome to the forum.

It's not clear to me from your post what the purpose of this system is. It's not to keep track of employee training. It's not an accounting or order system. It's not a class register, or school, or questionnaire.

Since your purpose is not that clear, it not possible to comment on whether the structure you've shown will satisfy that purpose. What is a company program? What is a supplement? Why do you need to keep track of these things in a database?

Hope this helps refine your thinking on the matter,
Mark

Basically this is a company database designed to track organizations that academic programs at an educational institute uses for student internships. Relevant information related to the organizations such as supplementary services, authorization, affiliation agreements, etc. are listed within the database. I thought I'd start small and just focus on the primary companies involved and their associated programs and supplementary services.

My apologizes for the confusion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom