error 3340 ‘Query is corrupted (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:23
After an end user got error 3340 ‘Query is corrupted, I started to get it today too.

It seems that Office November 2019 Updates are causing Access Error 3340

I don't see any office update, but it shows me as Office was installed today (Nov.15th) :banghead::banghead::banghead:

How can I remove this update without Uninstalling Office :mad:

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Ηι,

See this important notice directly from Microsoft

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 537
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 326

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:23
There's a link at the bottom of the link you posted with instructions.

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Hello my friends,

First of all I would like to say that unfortunately in these cases we rely on Microsoft itself which is really indifferent to whatever problems it may cause to any users who have an Access application either in their business or even for personal use. Personally, till now i didn't yet seen any official apology from Microsoft for this problem which seems to affect almost everyone since a professional application is almost certain to include at least one update query.

I am going to talk about us which we are a small developer company (4 developers) and we have already created dozens of applications with Ms Access that have been sold to several of customers and already we are constantly receiving complaints about this problem from almost everyone. Microsoft announces that it will fix the problem in a future update (December 10th) and is indifferent that we need to find an immediate solution for all customers facing this problem now, not on December 10th.!!!! Until then, all developers are urged to spend tens of hours eachone in order to makes the urgent modification which microsoft proposes to those who can't wait for the new update in almost 1 month (!!) from now.

For those of you who are interested in the solution which Microsoft suggests, i will let you know that already it has been tested by us and indeed the problem is solved as following below

Attachments

• Solution.JPG
    Solution.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 560

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:23
I had the issue. and was able to restore O365 to the previous version, until its safe to resume automatic updates. There was a worse problem last year.

I thought my users also had a problem writing data directly to a table opened in a recordset, as well as the single table queries failing.

MS "solution" seemed just totally impractical. Check and re-write every append query (maybe update query as well)? Really?

Anyway for O365, I used a variation of this solution, as there is no uninstall option for click to run access.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-revert-to-the-previous-version-of-office-365/

I added what I thought was another note to this thread, but it actually posted in another thread. Anyway A2003 is not affected by this, if anyone is still using old time access.

Last edited:

MrHans

Local time
Today, 15:23
We also use O365 in our office.
The problem started about two days ago for us.

Today I performed the normal manual office procedure within any Office application as described earlier and the problem was immediately solved.

No need to uninstall anything, just perform a manual update and you're good to go

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:23
@MrHans.

@Colin/Isladogs indicated elsewhere that MS have already released fixes for some builds of Access/Office

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom