Problem with Access with Windows Server 2019 (1 Viewer)

sumdumgai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:12
Is anyone having problems with running Access (16 or Office 365) on a server running Windows Server 2019? Problems may include "[FONT=&quot]Unrecognizable database format" , "I/O Error", "System Resources Exceeded" messages.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for responses.
[/FONT]

Ranman256

Local time
there's a bug. A Microsoft Office update could make the db unusable.
we had to do a rollback and it worked.
check online.

sumdumgai

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. Can you please give more information? What patch created the problem? What did you roll back to? I've been checking online but there's so many variations of possible fixes, all the way to converting the Access DB to SQL Server database.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:12
Check around the recent threads here. We've had a couple of complaints about a recent patch that seems to have hosed one of the libraries. The articles get more specific.

The "System Resources Exceeded" is interesting, though. Is this the first time you have tried the combination of Ac2016 and WinSrv2019? Or has this been working and suddenly just got cantankerous?

sumdumgai

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. The error about resources exceeded was happening around the same time the other messages were occurring. That message could have been caused by an overly complicated macro that called several queries. The macro was changed and I don't think it happened again. We're just not sure changing the macro fixed the resource issue because to get around these errors, we also moved the application back to an old server running older Windows software.

Tried searching 'unrecognizeable' and found very little. Can you please suggest a search parameter?

Ranman256, can you tell me what the bad MS patch was? We do not have KB4484127 installed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:12
If you changed the macro and things worked better (even if not perfectly) such that you did not get more of the "resources" message, then your guess about blaming the macro might have been right. (Yeah, I know that is a case of 20/20 hindsight.)

Here is a relatively recent thread related to "unrecognized format" issues.

https://www.devhut.net/2018/06/13/access-bug-database-is-in-an-unrecognized-format/

As to the KB4484127 patch, I think that was the one I remember as being nasty. If you don't have it, that ain't the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom