Anyone using Microsoft Edge? (1 Viewer)

SimplySarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:00
I have to admit that I wrote off Microsoft in the web browser department because in the end IE was such a disappointment, although just a little over a decade ago it had over 90% market use. So when I heard of the end of IE I thought "about time!"

Then I heard about Edge coming out. I was kind of thinking "let sleeping dogs lie" but I have been reviewing some videos showing the functions and reading up on it. I actually think it sounds and looks good.

Has anyone actually used it and can shed some more light on it? I kind of feel like it would be hard to touch Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but it does look interesting to me.

The other thing is that it's only Windows 10 compatible, and I've been hearing only rants and disappointments about Windows 10. I've been waiting to switch, hoping bugs get sorted out first. Thoughts on that?

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
Today, 13:00
I abandoned Edge for Chrome as I found it so bad.

It has a fantastic function in it that stores what page you are on and if it crashes it takes you back to that page the next time you load it.

Unfortunately if you err onto a page that locks you on to it, you need to crash the program to get out of it, brilliantly the next time you load Edge it takes you straight back to that page and you get locked in again.

Not even a reboot can cure this, you have to physically delete the history using File Explorer.:banghead:

I do love Windows 10 though:)

whqlmethis

Registered User.
Local time
I like Edge now since you can add extensions. I only use the Ublock origin extension. Plus saving to Onenote is nice.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:00
Windows 10 is okay, 7 might still be better. The most recent version of Explorer isn't terrible, but I'm still a Chrome fanboy. Firefox was only ever good because it was better than the old Explorer and Chrome wasn't out yet. I have no intentions of considering Edge.

SimplySarah

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the feedback. I also wouldn't switch, I was more curious to try it out to see what some of these new features are all about. But I don't see myself ever giving up Chrome for it.

robert_mann

Registered User.
Local time
Used it for some days but I think its not so user friendly. Its my opinion. You may have different thoughts. Chrome is better.

Albert Dicosta

Registered User.
Local time
I really like Microsoft Edge. It's working perfect as compare to other browsers. There are so many features that are available on Edge like marking on any website and block extensions and many more.

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
One thing I noticed with Edge was some of the add-ons / extensions I needed to use, i.e. GoGlobal for GraphOn, kept identifying it as Chrome so therefore wouldn't install correctly.

Of course that was after it first came out and I haven't tried it since as I just use Chrome for everything so it may be fixed....

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:00
One thing I noticed with Edge was some of the add-ons / extensions I needed to use, i.e. GoGlobal for GraphOn, kept identifying it as Chrome so therefore wouldn't install correctly.

Of course that was after it first came out and I haven't tried it since as I just use Chrome for everything so it may be fixed....

Edge is becoming a Chromium based browser. The new version has already been in public beta for nearly a month and is due for full release early 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom