Getting data from external website (1 Viewer)

Teggun

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:59
Hi guys, I'm stucked in a point while elaborating my project, where some of the data I need is variable and changes every day (copper price).
I was wondering if there is a way to get this data from an external website so I don't have to introduce it manually every day by myself. I've seen in excel could be possible using VBA, but didn't find anything in Access.

My last option is to link excel tables and get the data from there, but if it is possible to do it in the same program it would be much better in my situation.

Is there any code/option in Acces that would allow me to do so?

Thanks in advance for your time.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:59
code in excel can be adapted to work in access. Also take a look at the bottom of this thread for similar questions

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:59
There are several ways of doing this
If the Web data is always in the same structure on the specified page you could use code similar to that in my Web Version Checker app which reads a Web page and extracts selected data from it.
Or if the data is tagged you can use GetElement code to pull what you want.

Or perhaps you can download the latest prices as a csv or xml or JSON file then import the data direct.

It may be best to show us what the Web page data consists of so someone can advise you better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom