Locked Records (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:09
I have had a couple of references to "locked records" preventing some DBS functions working correctly in a normal database. Simlar messages, but not idenitcal.

Assuming all users have database options set to "No locks", are there any circumstances in which Access might still come across a locked record?

Alternatively, is the most likely ssue that some user has actually removed the "no locks" default?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:09
Hi Dave. Can you post a sample error message? One possible situation where a record could be locked is when the BE is encrypted with a password.

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:09
I have had a couple of references to "locked records" preventing some DBS functions working correctly in a normal database. Simlar messages, but not idenitcal.

Assuming all users have database options set to "No locks", are there any circumstances in which Access might still come across a locked record?

Alternatively, is the most likely ssue that some user has actually removed the "no locks" default?

I had a similar issue a few years back and the problem was caused by corruption.

I followed the process suggested by Allen Browne. Amazingly, the page is still on the web:
https://bytes.com/topic/access/answers/205691-bug-locked-another-user

Best,
Jiri

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:09
I have compacted and repaired the back end, and I am adding some code to make sure that the front end setting is for optimistic locking.

Assuming that it isn't then I also think the problem will be data corruption, and the C&R should resolve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom