Listbox in a Report (1 Viewer)

TonyE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:16
I have put a list box in a report which as it loads generates a list of Project names. want to select then filter report on a Project.
Problem is there is no AFTER events showing and LISTINDEX and LISTBOX.SELECTED just dont seem to work.

Anyone found a work around to this issue ?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Reports are meant for printing data, not to interact with them. For that, you would use Forms. But having said that, we now have Report View available that you could use for a little bit of interaction with a Report. You could try using that view.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:16
In report view you could click on the listbox and do certain things like show a message box or open another report filtered to the selected record.
I'd be very surprised if you could filter the current report to the selected listbox item as the record source is set when the report is opened.
However I don't see the point even trying.
Put the listbox in a form and use that to open the report filtered to the selected item on your form.

TonyE

Registered User.
Local time
Wanting to make selections/filtering within the report to alter its data output ....... don't really want to keep opening then closing it and using a form to make different slections. I have achived this ref below all be it with limited available tasks after Listbox selection(s).

I can set Recordsource and filter from listbox in report by Listbox selections ....... what I have found is if then you do other tasks like turning headers on/off, the listbox loses its ability to return a selection.

So as long as I dont do other tasks the Listbox works ok.

Thanks for your input ..... maybe in hindsight a FORM may have been better since more manipuable.

Attachments

• FORM.jpg
    FORM.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 84

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:16
Well it looks like a form...and it would definitely be better as a form where you would have additional functionality. You could convert it back...

My advice would be to use the appropriate object and not try and force Access in ways it isn't designed for.

Good luck with your project

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Wanting to make selections/filtering within the report to alter its data output ....... don't really want to keep opening then closing it and using a form to make different slections. I have achived this ref below all be it with limited available tasks after Listbox selection(s).

I can set Recordsource and filter from listbox in report by Listbox selections ....... what I have found is if then you do other tasks like turning headers on/off, the listbox loses its ability to return a selection.

So as long as I dont do other tasks the Listbox works ok.

Thanks for your input ..... maybe in hindsight a FORM may have been better since more manipuable.
Hi. Your image looks like you may have a report embedded in a form. Is that right?

TonyE

Registered User.
Local time
No its just a stand alone report ......
I have solved my issue as mentioned earlier .... thanks anyway.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No its just a stand alone report ......
I have solved my issue as mentioned earlier .... thanks anyway.
Cool. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom