Split database FE not working (1 Viewer)

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:01
Hey All,

I am hoping for a short answer to this question.

I split my database to FE and BE and placed the BE on my C: drive (just for testing purposes). When I open my FE, my command buttons that I use to navigate between forms dont work...or any command buttons for that matter. It almost seems that the vba code and modules didnt split with everything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:01
Sounds like a missing reference. Open any code module in design view. Go to Tools/References and fix anything marked MISSING. Compile the code and fix any compile errors.

Strange errors occur when there are compile errors, even when th compile errors are in completely unrelated (and possibly unused) code.

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
It actually looks like it works as an accdb file, but not an .accde file.

Ideas?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:01
You may want to take a vow: "I will never ever use the totally pointless expression 'It doesn't work'" It gives no clues whatsoever to anybody else as to what is actually wrong.

If something is not to your liking, always say what you expected, and what you did get instead. Or else google your "It doesn't work"-problem. There is about 320,000,000 of them.

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
You may want to take a vow: "I will never ever use the totally pointless expression 'It doesn't work'" It gives no clues whatsoever to anybody else as to what is actually wrong.

If something is not to your liking, always say what you expected, and what you did get instead. Or else google your "It doesn't work"-problem. There is about 320,000,000 of them.

Can you not see my first post where I say my command buttons aren't working? I.E not functioning I.E when I click them nothing happens I.E they are designed to perform a function and are not performing said function?

Thanks for your response though.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:01
Did you at all get what I wrote? Try to read #4 again.

Your first post is exactly among the plethora of "not working" posts. And yet you repeat the same completely useless drivel in # 5 "Can you not see my first post where I say my command buttons aren't working? "

DO NOT WRITE "NOT WORKING" (because no one knows what it means but you).

Always write what you expected and what you got instead.

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Did you at all get what I wrote? Try to read #4 again.

Your first post is exactly among the plethora of "not working" posts. And yet you repeat the same completely useless drivel in # 5 "Can you not see my first post where I say my command buttons aren't working? "

DO NOT WRITE "NOT WORKING" (because no one knows what it means but you).

Always write what you expected and what you got instead.

Do you see my first post where I say "My command buttons that I use to navigate between forms dont work"? To most people this means that the command buttons are used to navigate between forms, and this functionality is not working.

Why are you being crazy about this? I understand if all I said was "My command buttons don't work.", it would be a problem. But saying what they are used for, and then saying that they dont work? Wtf is wrong with that?

It was clear to Pat Hartman, not sure why you dont get it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:01
It was clear to me because I've seen the problem before. Did you look for missing references and compile errors?

.accde/r files are more sensitive to missing references because their code is always "compiled". The problem with identifying missing references is that you get different errors depending on what you are trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom