Question Small Application not working since it was moved from its old location. (1 Viewer)

ciso

Local time
Today, 10:55
Helo,

I do IT support for different companies.

I have had a client moving to a new server a couple of months ago.

They have a small access application that reads csv files and exports them into Sage format that can then be imported into their accounts program - it also reports the total invoiced (whatever is inside the data CSV file) and has a printer friendly report with all the invoices inside said data CSV file.

The issue I have is that since the little app was moved to the new server - it stopped working.

I think somewhere in the code / options there is place to state the working path for the app. I think the app is trying to read the input data file from the old shared folder and thus not working anymore.

I can post the code and a sample CSV file. This is probably a very easy fix for you guys but is boggling me! Specially because I did find a place with the old path and changed it to the new file share and it still didn't work. Or I am missing a trick! anyway,

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Regards,

C.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
Please put the relevant files into a zip and post.
If there is anything specific to help identify the "old shared folder", please highlight or direct us.

ciso

Local time
Hi Jdraw,

Thank you very much for the reply - please find the files attached: the app it self and a sample of the input data file.

Some notes:

When you try to open a report in Layout View you get the error: \\xxxxx\xxxx\etc... is not a valid path

I have found the path in some of the macros and changed it when opened in design view to: \\lh-fileserver\production\abs files\ this is the new location for the files and app. That didn't do the trick - thus this thread!

I have attached the original application, that was stored in the old location (this is the old location: \\server\Production shared information\ABS files)

To finish: only the options for Dumfries are being used (from the switchboard) - i.e you can ignore any functionality for Lillyhall

Again, thank you for the reply - any help is appreciated!

C.

Attachments

• FormatInvoices.zip
    223.2 KB · Views: 84

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
I opened your database. I do not use macros and this database seems to have several.
I see these linked tables.(see attached jpg).

Attachments

• LinkedTablesAWF.jpg
    LinkedTablesAWF.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 103

ciso

Local time
Hi Jdraw,

Thank you very much for your help with this!

I think it is fixed!

I have linked all the tables to the new locations - as per your instructions. That together with changing the paths on the macros' properties did the trick!

I now have a different problem - as one of the fields is not adding up / showing properly.

I didn't know about this error - or it was not reported to me. so I think the better thing is to mark this one as solved! If the client needs more help I know where I can ask!

Again Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom