Trust Issue 2013 to 2016 (1 Viewer)

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:41
I just had a post that seemed to stop. I found a solution but have a question that wasn't answered. I upgraded from Office 365 2013 to Office 365 2016 and Access would not function. The Autoexec macro would open my programs but no other function would work after that, i.e., button clicks, Autokeys, or any of the functions. I checked and there were no missing or broken references. All my code and the other macros were there.

The only thing I didn't check was the Trust settings. Before I could try this, my computer was restored to Office 365 2013 again. They are going to upgrade me again at a later date and I will need an answer to this question.

Do you have to reset the Trust settings after you upgrade?

Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:41
Hi. Not a definitive answer but it may be possible the registry settings for the Trusted Locations have different paths for different versions of Access. Meaning, if you have 2013 and then upgrade to 2016, perhaps the list for 2016 starts out empty. However, you would think the upgrade process should take this into consideration. I'll let you know if I find a more definitive answer.

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
That would be great. I support quite a few people here and they are trying to isolate Access and get rid of it. I don't want to give them an excuse. So, thank you very much.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Did any of your "Other functions" generate an error message?
Did you put in anything that would show you that they were being called?

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
Nothing happened when I did anything. I have several Autokeys functions that would not activate. No buttons would respond to clicks. I mean it was dead.

Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
That would be great. I support quite a few people here and they are trying to isolate Access and get rid of it. I don't want to give them an excuse. So, thank you very much.
Hi. As promised, here you go: Trusted Locations

So, it appears the paths are different; but like I said, you would think the upgrade process should take care of it. How exactly is your IT performing the upgrade. If they are uninstalling the old version before installing the new one, then your Trusted Location list will probably not get imported.

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
It is a Software Center with a list of the programs available to your license. He selected Office 365 2016 and installed it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
It is a Software Center with a list of the programs available to your license. He selected Office 365 2016 and installed it.
So, if installing the new version doesn't import your trusted locations, then either create your own utility to do it or the user will just have to repopulate the list one at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom