Queen Elizabeth to be evacuated as Brexit riots break out in London (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 11:19
Reuters - South China Morning Post - 2 hours ago
Business groups have warned of possible shortages of food and medicine
British officials have revived Cold War emergency plans to relocate the royal family.
British officials were also looking at whether they might need sweeping powers, including the introduction of martial law.
Thousands of troops (photos show them armed) have also been put on standby.
Watching Bloomberg TV an hour ago -
Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson supported by 0.13% of British population, suspended Parliament. On TV it showed Queen Elizabeth I to end the current session of Parliament. The Queen approved the suspension Wednesday afternoon British time.
Another news source quoted "The only certainty at this point is some form of chaos."
I don't apologize for making money on the Fx markets off the drop in the Pound. I am sorry to see our friends across the pond in turmoil.

In the US we know that it does take Disruption to end entrenched Corruption. Hope it will be short in duration and give rise to new opportunity.

UPDATED: Queen Elizabeth II suspend Parliament - My spell check Politically In-Corrected Me. Now a copy/past from NPR news. My apologies for starting rumore of a zombie Brexit.

If these headlines are sensational or misleading, please let us know. You have boots on the ground there and we wish the best for all of you.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:19
The Queen is in Scotland on holiday as we speak.

I've just watched the news on TV, no mention of riots, armed police, martial law - anyway we haven't got thousands of troops. I'm afraid your sources are somewhat misleading.
If the British object to something, we usually write a strongly worded letter rather than riot in the streets.

Col

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 11:19
WHAT? Shed died?
Sorry, reason not to use Spell Check LOL
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/28/7549...to-suspend-parliament-ahead-of-brexit-deadlin
I will note that I edited the story so your response is valid. The idea of names with Roman Numerals just didn't sit well with my spell check AI.

Thanks for the update. Was worried it was another Hong Kong with the EU military waiting across the Channel to "assist".

This is a photo of protesters in today'news, is this perhaps a past photo that the headlines are used to portray something else?
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-08/29/c_138346152.htm

This is a news source that includes photos of the troops. Is it also just a mis-information?
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/eur...be-evacuated-if-brexit-riots-break-out-london

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
with regards scmp the photo could have been taken anytime. Plus it says 'British soldiers enter a Ministry of Defence building' when they are clearly leaving. Which doesn't say much for editorial accuracy.

Really not sure what all the fuss is about. Basically just media trying to make a story.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
for balance, there should be a petition supporting it:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I heard she's going to hang out at Trump Tower for the duration. There was something mentioned about Making the UK Great Again.

The Queen is currently at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. When she returns to London she will be at Buckingham Palace as normal. The last place she would go is Trump Tower, wherever that is, never heard of it myself.

You need to remember this is the United Kingdom, not Selma Alabama. Yes, there are protests at the suspension of Parliament but they are legal and well behaved.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
ColinEssex said:
Yes, there are protests at the suspension of Parliament but they are legal and well behaved.

Actually, in the USA we have learned a simple rule on protests.

They are legal and well-behaved - until they are not.

Good luck over there. By the way, Trump Tower is just a building in New York owned by President Trump. Other than its ownership, there is nothing about it to distinguish it from many other similar buildings in the area.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
By the way, Trump Tower is just a building in New York owned by President Trump.

So why on earth would anybody say that Her Majesty the Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland would be the slightest bit interested in staying at a building in the USA owned by a lunatic that she despises (as do most people in the UK)

Col

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:19
Based on the second sentence in his post, I'd say he was making a joke.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, you merely understood the 4-year-old's jokes better. They tend to not be so subtle.

But don't ask me to explain. Sometimes I like to keep you in suspense.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
No, you merely understood the 4-year-old's jokes better. They tend to not be so subtle.

But don't ask me to explain. Sometimes I like to keep you in suspense.

Must be American humour then, totally different from British humour.

Personally, I prefer British comedians like Bob Hope, Chaplin etc.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I always enjoyed Bob Hope. He was a friend to a lot of USA soldiers during a very lonely, very frightening time in their lives. He was brave enough to enter an active theater of war to entertain people. I absolutely cannot speak ill of him. I never had the privilege of meeting him, and that, I regret.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Well, it looks like the manipulative Yankee z rated actress half-caste goldigger has managed to excise Harry away from the Royal family. Now they have to earn their millions flogging their ex Royal status by doing after dinner speeches and charge half a million dollars for the privilege.
It's a hard life.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Please, Col. No lower than a B-rated actress. I have seen her in a couple of shows and she is OK at it. I've seen some actresses for whom even playing dead might be beyond their range.

As to "excising" Harry away from the royal family... do you HONESTLY believe he would have gone through with the schism if he weren't frustrated by the treatment she got? We are across the pond from each other , Col, but if you EVER were as disrespectful to my wife as you have been to the Duchess of Essex, I would buy the plane ticket so I could come to your place and take a dump on your lawn. She never asked for the tabloids and commentators and paparazzi to treat her shamelessly. And you aren't helping. It is attitudes like yours that would make her want to leave.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Actually, she is the ex Duchess of Sussex - not Essex. Plus, my roses may prefer your offer of manure, I don't have a lawn for future reference.
Yes, she has been treated less than favourably by the press, no worse than the goldigger Heather Mills who managed to screw £26 million out of Paul McCartney. That's what the British press do. It's quite normal in the UK, they destroy people, sad but true. I'm sure Rachel is a lovely girl, but she was on a loser from the start.
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom