Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (2 Viewers)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:43
I read a quote that a journalist said he couldn't understand why Prince Harry was taking legal action against the newspapers.

What a dick head! If my mum had been killed by apparent massive attention from newspaper reporters, even if that link is tenuous, then I too would do everything in my power to curb the reporters excesses....

We all understand this, the reporters understand this, but they are not manning up and admitting responsibility, however tenuous.

Even worse they are trying to manipulate it into a new story!

Sent from Newbury UK

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 13:43
Not too long ago I watched a documentary on the Princess Di conspiracy. Very interesting but then my first inclination is to believe them (conspiracies) when I hear them.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I see the gold digging half caste, z rated Yank actress is also suing the papers. I reckon she's trying to get as much out of her tenuous link with the Royal Family as she can before she divorces Harry and gets the massive payoff.

Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I see the gold digging half caste, z rated Yank actress is also suing the papers. I reckon she's trying to get as much out of her tenuous link with the Royal Family as she can before she divorces Harry and gets the massive payoff.

Col

Seems to run in the family, considering Prince Charles refused to take a paternity test...and Prince Harry resembles Di’s riding instructor more than he does his “father”...

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'd have to ask.

Why is it not the same for William and Kate?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:43
Ah, Col, again with the bigotry. I know that by now I should expect it from you and should realize that kindness isn't among the words in your dictionary. But being human, I have this silly little thing called "hope" - a four-letter word of such magnanimity, such promise - and such disappointment, too.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The definition of a bigot is a person who is intolerant to those people holding different opinions.

I said that the half caste Yankee goldigger is trying to screw as much money out of the system. Is that being a bigot?
Jesus, if someone doesn't like someone else for whatever reason, is that being a bigot? Plenty of people don't like me, who cares? That's life, I don't give a tinkers cuss, people can think what they like.

Bigot is a word over used these days. It virtually means nothing, except to over sensitive yanks.
A more interesting word to discuss is hypocritical, especially from an American angle.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Your definition is incorrect in that for you it does not include racist remarks. However, in common usage in the USA, bigotry includes racist viewpoints.

I will overlook "gold digger" but "half-caste" is racist and at least in my book is included under bigotry. And let's be clear: She is not responsible for her parents' choices. Whether she is 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/1024th of anything wasn't her choice. To call her down for her parents actions is low-class.

But then, the USA tries (and, admittedly, too often fails) to remove such stigmata. Is it hypocritical to aspire to something better than you are?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I asked Siri on my iPhone the exact definition of bigot, that's what she said - no mention of racism.
I guess the UK definition and the USA definition are different, so chastising me is somewhat harsh because I hail from the UK - in fact you could say it smacks of racism or even bigotry.

Col

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Col
I also share the same name & country of origin as you but little else.
Your comments are both racist and bigotry as well you know.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You also share the same county, I was grew up in Somerset. North Somerset, Frome, Winford, Chew Magna and Blagdon.

If one reads the papers, having a pop at Rachel (or Meghan) whatever her name is, is almost a national pastime. Even the Duchess Kate doesn't like her.

Col

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:43
"Golddigger" is entirely unjustified. Meghan was a successful, independent businesswoman and acquired her own fortune long before meeting the 'royals'. She doesn't need nor want 'their' money. I admire this couple for their courage to defy social bias and build a loving, caring life together.

Colin's remarks are intended to be at very least, derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful. Such racist and women bashing remarks serve only to spread hate and violence.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I grew up in London but lived on the edge of the Mendips in Churchill (a few miles from Winford/Blagdon) until earlier this year. Now living in Exmoor.

I agree that after an early 'honeymoon' period parts of the press have decided Meghan is someone they can criticise/attack. That doesn't mean it is OK for such attacks to be racist in nature.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Colin's remarks are intended to be at very least, derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful. Such racist and women bashing remarks serve only to spread hate and violence.

Oh leave it out, try the real world.

Go to virtually any British town centre on a Friday or Saturday night around 1am and see the drunk girls barely wearing anything showing their knickers (if they're wearing any) whilst flat out unconscious on the floor.
I suppose you would think that is ok?

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Col, in New Orleans, the girls will probably out-drink the boys so the boys won't see the girls passed out drunk on the floor. Not only that, but their tattoos are very likely to be spelled correctly.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
That's a random defense. :confused:

Either Colin is jerking us about (as usual) or he really has these feelings. Either way his demeaner has been consistent for about 10 years.

10 years? This year is my 20th anniversary with these Access World Forums. Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself?

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Wow, 20 years? Congratulations on your longevity, Col. Have you changed your mind about committing suicide after your wife's passing? Because for a long time you were all about how when she left, you would follow.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
BTW your profile says you joined in Feb 2002. Whilst a long time ago, you'll need to wait till 2022 for your 20th anniversary.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
BTW your profile says you joined in Feb 2002. Whilst a long time ago, you'll need to wait till 2022 for your 20th anniversary.

Yes true, but in 2002 the site was hacked and all data prior to that date was deliberately deleted and unable to be restored, so despite joining in 1999, the date shows 2002.

Doc:- Things have dramatically changed for us during the last year.

Mary is now living in a care home, she has been there 10 or 12 months. She is well looked after and I see her several times a week. The object of my demise was to facilitate Mary being placed in a care home, but as things worked out we managed that without me resorting to drastic measures. I still live at home.

So I'm afraid you are stuck with me until I get banned again.

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
You may have been on the forums for 20 years, but you didn't always have such a dark and dismal view on the world to share with us. I remember a different Col.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom