Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

Old 10-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #16
ColinEssex
Old registered user

ColinEssex will become famous soon enough
Re: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by June7 View Post

Colin's remarks are intended to be at very least, derogatory, demeaning, disrespectful. Such racist and women bashing remarks serve only to spread hate and violence.
Oh leave it out, try the real world.

Go to virtually any British town centre on a Friday or Saturday night around 1am and see the drunk girls barely wearing anything showing their knickers (if they're wearing any) whilst flat out unconscious on the floor.
I suppose you would think that is ok?

Col

Old 10-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #17
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

That's a random defense.

Either Colin is jerking us about (as usual) or he really has these feelings. Either way his demeaner has been consistent for about 10 years.
AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #18
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,560 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Col, in New Orleans, the girls will probably out-drink the boys so the boys won't see the girls passed out drunk on the floor. Not only that, but their tattoos are very likely to be spelled correctly.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:38 PM   #19
ColinEssex
Old registered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessBlaster View Post
That's a random defense.

Either Colin is jerking us about (as usual) or he really has these feelings. Either way his demeaner has been consistent for about 10 years.
10 years? This year is my 20th anniversary with these Access World Forums. Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself?

Col
Old 10-07-2019, 05:13 AM   #20
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Wow, 20 years? Congratulations on your longevity, Col. Have you changed your mind about committing suicide after your wife's passing? Because for a long time you were all about how when she left, you would follow.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:38 AM   #21
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,017 Times in 2,744 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

BTW your profile says you joined in Feb 2002. Whilst a long time ago, you'll need to wait till 2022 for your 20th anniversary.

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

I know that you know that we both know nothing
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #22
ColinEssex
Old registered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
BTW your profile says you joined in Feb 2002. Whilst a long time ago, you'll need to wait till 2022 for your 20th anniversary.
Yes true, but in 2002 the site was hacked and all data prior to that date was deliberately deleted and unable to be restored, so despite joining in 1999, the date shows 2002.

Doc:- Things have dramatically changed for us during the last year.

Mary is now living in a care home, she has been there 10 or 12 months. She is well looked after and I see her several times a week. The object of my demise was to facilitate Mary being placed in a care home, but as things worked out we managed that without me resorting to drastic measures. I still live at home.

So I'm afraid you are stuck with me until I get banned again.

Col

Old 10-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #23
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

You may have been on the forums for 20 years, but you didn't always have such a dark and dismal view on the world to share with us. I remember a different Col.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #24
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

You were originally CollinEssex then DaveP or something, now it's back to CollinEssex. In any case it's been a long circle jerk for all of us.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #25
ColinEssex
Old registered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessBlaster View Post
You were originally CollinEssex then DaveP or something, now it's back to CollinEssex. In any case it's been a long circle jerk for all of us.
I have never been "CollinEssex". I was DaveP because I was banned under my regular name. I have 4 usernames and 4 different IP addresses and email. It's useful because Americans like to ban me, so I can still log in. I use my other names periodically just to keep them active.

Anything else you want to know?

Col
Old 10-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #26
ColinEssex
Old registered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
You may have been on the forums for 20 years, but you didn't always have such a dark and dismal view on the world to share with us. I remember a different Col.
Yes Vass, I remember those days, good times, before the forums went downhill. Time and events can make one very bitter. I know I'm a pain - I'm sorry.

Col
Old 10-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #27
AccessBlaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
I have never been "CollinEssex". I was DaveP because I was banned under my regular name. I have 4 usernames and 4 different IP addresses and email. It's useful because Americans like to ban me, so I can still log in. I use my other names periodically just to keep them active.

Anything else you want to know?

Col
That will do it.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #28
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex
Time and events can make one very bitter. I know I'm a pain - I'm sorry.
Actually, dropping all pretense in this case, I am sorry as well. I have lived through times that made me incredibly bitter. I understand how easy it is to allow yourself to become a bit of a pain in the toches. I also understand that it leaves you in a situation where it is hard to drag yourself out of that bitterness. I am no longer where you are but I remember times when I was neck-deep in self-hatred, self-pity, and a desire for the world to just go away. I wish you luck in dragging yourself out of the bottom of that well.

Glad your wife got into a better situation where she could get the care she needs by folks trained for that job. That was one of the worst parts about being a primary caregiver for someone who needed round-the-clock service availability. The stress is probably why right about that time I went on an eating binge and gained a lot of weight that has probably been a primary contributor to my liver issues.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #29
ColinEssex
Old registered user

Thanks Doc, I'm sorry you went through such a hard time, but for what it's worth, I think I can empathise.
My biggest hurdle to overcome, is guilt. Could I have been a better carer? I gave 24hrs a day to caring for Mary, but I still analyse what I did as a carer, am I a failure? No I don't think so, I did my very best.
However, Mary is now well looked after and we go out three times a week. She seems much happier and is quite content where she is (7 miles from Colchester)

My eternal thanks go to Essex County Council who's social work department arranged the whole thing. I admit I had some sort of breakdown but they couldn't have been better. I dread to think what might have been if they had not stepped in.

Over the years as a carer, I became very bitter - not to Mary but to anything I could, the big question is why can such a super gentle person be struck down, yet the low life's that kill and maim people are perfectly healthy. God is a vile arrogant pig.
I'm afraid my inherent anger was manifested in these forums, and I apologise for that. I know I upset dozens of members and they have a right to hate me. I don't ask for forgiveness- I hate me too.
Anyway, I feel better saying all that, thanks for being a mate.

Col
NauticalGent (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #30
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about

For what’s it worth Colin, I don’t think anyone hates you, I know I don’t. There are better days to come...

AccessBlaster (10-07-2019)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: